Have you ever really stopped thinking over the benefits of a healthy living?
Research indicates that the effects of a healthy life could shape the way we perceive the world. The key for every diet is to think in the long term and ignore those eating too much and/or not exercising enough, the same people convinced that the “diet” overall, doesn’t work.
Let’s take some of the main benefits of a progressive healthy lifestyle into consideration like increasing the lung capacity through exercise. This simple natural side effect of breathing, expanding our pulmonary system, seems to play a lusty role in aging and tissue degradation.
After a nice run, after breathing enough to fill the lungs of fresh air, everything calms down and stress levels go significantly low while this is another reason why a quick run somewhere before sleep can help with insomnia and general night headaches.
What we like the most is indeed, scientifically sustained, are three mood enhancing substances:
- Dopamine – a brain chemical with different behavior patterns 
- Serotonin – known as the monoamine neurotransmitter
- Nor-Epinephrine – that can deploy energy from glucose deposits increasing the heart rate and even a freeze response.
And we could get plenty of these during exercise but the lack of time and a mix of bad choices favor alcoholic beverages for enhancing the over-all mood of mind and soul.
Regular physical activity prevents the following dangerous health conditions:
- Metabolic syndrome
- Type 2 diabetes
- Arthritis and falls
In the long-run, one of the main attributes of a healthy living is disease prevention . Studies have shown that negative consequences can’t be just washed away through straight healthy diet and preventing illness is a sure bet. Our sleeping patterns and the foods we eat can vastly improve the mental health and wellbeing.
Depression and anxiety levels are reduced by a nutrient rich diet and also increase neurotransmitter activity naturally discharging mood-boosting compounds into the body – a way the human system encourages a balanced living with pleasure, contentment, and euphoria.
Brain neurodegeneration is a dysfunction within the building blocks of the human mind, neurons, that cannot be replaced or repaired and once damaged will lead mental illness that can only be controlled but never truly cured.
Scientists struggle to understand the mechanisms that operate the neural nervous system and the only certain remedy supporting
brain activity is exercising and controlling the intake of healthy foods such as:
- Wholegrains (Bran cereals, oatmeal or whole-wheat bagels)
- Oily fish (Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for good brain health and usually found in mackerel, sardines, salmon, bluefin tuna, herring, and trout)
- Blueberries (Decrease free radicals levels and defend the immune system by providing vitamins and minerals such as iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, and vitamins C and K)
- Tomatoes (Contain all four major carotenoids known to have a significant antioxidant activity)
- Pumpkin seeds (High-fiber seeds containing heart-healthy magnesium, zinc for the immune support, plant-based Omega-3 fats and tryptophan a key ingredient in producing melatonin and serotonin)
- Broccoli (Contains glucoraphanin, a substance need for the production of sulforaphane that is well known for it’s anti-cancer properties)
- Nuts (A Walnuts and Healthy Aging (WAHA) study introduced at Experimental Biology 2016 (EB) reveals that blood cholesterol levels are lowered by the regular consumption of walnuts without the nasty side effects of gaining weight.)
- Beans (Known for their heart helping properties, beans can lower cholesterol even if they are comparable to meat when it comes to calories)
- Dark leafy greens (Rich Vitamin B, C and K providers they also contribute to the eye health by supplying the needed carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin compounds.)
On short, brightly colored fruits and leafy vegetables are always a healthy choice as they are full of antioxidants that help to inhibit oxidation, the reaction blamed for the cellular damage. Keeping away from nutrition high in added sugar, saturated fat and sodium that most foods contain will lead to a better overall appearance and feeling of the individual. A direct, short-term benefit in improving the diet is the enhancement of cognitive attention and productivity as our body system receives the appropriate fuel needed to operate to its full potential.
In general, the healthy choices are at a glance and the only thing standing between us and strong health are the choices we make. A simple change of the eating pattern could lead to significant changes that can boost our metabolism and immunity resistance such as replacing soda with plain water or choosing veggies instead of fried chips as a side table. Those high calories and low vitamins or minerals diets increase the risk of lowering the life expectancy and early death.
It has been proven that lowering the calories consumption plays an essential role in life expectancy and that fruits, vegetables, and omega-3 fats decrease cell deterioration and slows down the aging process.
Water is the leading nutrient for our body causing mood and concentration decline upon dehydration and increased frequency of headaches leading to serious cutbacks in mental clarity and memory loss. By drinking water, the balance of body fluids is flattened allowing the absorption, digestion, and nutrient transportation functions to perform as expected. The thirst mechanism kicks in when low on fluids and it should be followed by immediate consumption of water or foods high in liquids such as %96.5 watercucumber, %95.4 watericeberg lettuce, %94.3 waterradishes, %94.1 watertomatoes, %92.9 watergreen peppers, %92.5 watercauliflower, %90.8 waterspinach, %91.7 waterwatermelon, %90.6 waterstar fruit, %90.3 h20strawberries, %90.5 waterbroccoli, %90 precious watergrapefruit, %89.5 ingesting watercantaloupe and %89.7 watercarrots.
The same way we clean ourselves by taking a bath so does the water inside our body acts as a flushing mechanism for toxins and body waste. Skin inflammation is washed away easily and even if the wrinkle free face could not be achieved through a water-only diet it can significantly reduce the risk of pimples.
Healthy Living Eating Tips
- Proper hydration is considered a solid base for maintaining the body functions.
- Supply of healthy nutrients as well as maintaining a constant frequency of food intake ensures normal cell growth – “We are what we eat” – as simple as that.
- Learn to regulate the cravings for unhealthy foods and habits
Additional benefits of a healthy living include but are not limited to decreased health care costs by lowering the risk of injuries or illness, stress and tension control and also confidence and self-esteem motivation.
Physical exercise fights health conditions, improves mood and boosts energy. A good physical shape will ensure the individual feels more in control of their life increasing its strength and stamina. All this provides a shield from the negative consequences of living on this earth and extend the life length as well as the quality of living.
Always remember to consult your doctor before making any significant changes to your daily routine as everyone is different and not all solutions may work for you. It is a matter of choice that will have no immediate results but will dramatically impact the oncoming years.
Always remember that a Healthy Living is a Life Sentence