On the official site of Synapsyl the first information on the pill states: “Scientists are calling this smart pill ‘Viagra for the brain’”. While it may be true, although more studies are to be conducted on Synapsyl’s health benefits, a famous proverb says that “self-praise is no recommendation”. The pill is not the first one to receive this title and will not be the last one either. Other supplements such as Adderal or Cogniflex were said to have extraordinary properties at the time of their release on the market. Their users have confessed being sometimes disappointed by their effects. What may make a difference between Synapsyl and other smart drugs is that its compounds blend well and do not cancel each other as in the case of many products.
Synapsyl is a nootropic supplement. Nootropics are a relatively new side of medicine that specialists currently study to acknowledge their full range of benefits. Research projects conducted on these chemicals are relatively new since nootropics themselves were not exactly a concept until 1972. The year marked Piracetam’s discovery, a drug able to improve memory and cognition. Corneliu Giurgea, the father of Piracetam, developed a set of conditions that must be fulfilled for a drug to fall into this category.
A nootropic supplement should enhance general cognition and protect the nervous system against toxins, free radicals or the risk of oxidative stress. They are supposed to improve the thinking process, making it clearer. Moreover, they should be non-toxic, non-sedative and have no side effects. From this perspective, many of today’s supplements considered being nootropics only bear the name. They are closer to the definition of smart drugs. Still, since the label of “nootropics” helps the sales most manufacturers prefer this term. It is unclear how nootropics function. Some specialists affirm that the substances have an impact on protein synthesis, one similar to the neuromodulation process. Neuro-modulation occurs when neurons use various chemicals to support a healthy brain activity. The majority of ingredients found in Synapsyl occur naturally in medicinal plants with alleged healing capacities. This element makes the pill rather promising when compared with similar supplements.
Synapsyl – an overview
Synapsyl is a relatively new supplement on the drug market, being released in 2014. Like most nootropic supplements, it is supposed to improve memory, thinking, focus, creativity, energy levels and offer a cognitive boost. Its manufacturers claim that the pill is 100% natural and it can increase blood flow to the brain and the number of neurotransmitters. This means Synapsyl can enhance overall brain activity and fight the side effects of age-related mental decline or oxidative stress. The results are presumably quick to appear. The customers quickly notice them.
The pill has the advantage to contain chemical compounds that enter the bloodstream without much p difficulty and can reach the nervous system in a matter of minutes. The supplement is produced by an Anthea Limited, a Unites States based company that uses mainly herbal and nootropic ingredients. Like all supplements, Synapsyl is not designed to cure or alleviate the symptoms of severe medical conditions. It can only supply the body with chemical substances. There is no scientific proof of Synapsyl’s effectiveness and the little evidence people have on its properties is insufficient. Unlike prescription drugs, the product has not been seriously tested either for safety nor efficacy rate by the United States Food and Drug Administration. Therefore, there are few reasons why people should fully trust what its producer states on the supplements’ official website.
What does Synapsyl contain?
According to Synapsyl’s web page, the supplement contains ingredients from sources with compelling benefits for one’s health. Synapsyl is composed of:
- Ginkgo biloba as 24% extract
- Bacopa monnieri
- John’s wort
- Phosphatidylserine Complex
- Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate
- Acetyl- L- Carnitine
Synapsyl also contains two common additives, namely Silica and Magnesium stearate as well as gelatin. The manufacturing company officials affirm that the ingredients were carefully chosen and integrated into the supplement’s composition as to provide maximum efficacy. The ingredient list is present on Synapsyl’s website only. Some of its compounds can still interact with various medications or have other side effects in spite of being listed as natural. There are people sensitive to individual constituents who can become potential Synapsyl users. It is good therefore that its manufacturers are honest enough as not to claim the supplements does not have a downside to it like in the case of other companies.
Synapsyl is a twice daily supplement created with the intent to benefit the brain functions and improve the quality of life. It is compulsory to follow the recommendation as to avoid possible issues that may occur as a result of an overdose.
The ingredients present in Synapsyl’s composition are beneficial when used separately and consumed in various quantities by a specialist’s advice. When combined in the form of a supplement or us randomly used, they can become dangerous. Any excess should be avoided. The following are Synapsyl’s ingredients, as stated on the product’s website:
- Ginkgo biloba is an ancient medicinal tree with an increasing popularity especially in the last 100 years. Currently one of the oldest tree species on Earth, it is native to China where it has been used for centuries in treating numerous medical conditions. It is mainly utilized in the Asian traditional medicine but once with the arrival of European explorers, Ginkgo Biloba has reached the European and American continents as well.
Buddhist monks regard it as sacred due to its healing properties. The tree is extraordinarily resistant to extreme environmental conditions so it is only natural for it to have strong curative capacities. Ginkgo biloba is rich in terpenoids and flavonoids, two chemical compounds with antioxidant properties. They are mostly present in fruits and vegetables that specialists deem as the healthiest food sources. The substances present in Ginkgo Biloba’s structure indicate that the tree can be trusted. Studies show that supplements rich in Ginkgo Biloba may be efficient in preventing and treating Alzheimer’s disease.
Oxidative stress’ effect on brain’s structure and its influence in Alzheimer’s disease development is a studied theory at the present moment. Specialists affirm that free radicals and toxins can damage the nervous system and eventually lead to Alzheimer’s disease. Of all organs, the brain is the most sensitive to their negative impact as it does not allow exogenous antioxidants to fight the toxins. Supplements containing antioxidants like Ginkgo Biloba’s may be a good choice when facing oxidative stress. Moreover, supplements with flavonoids and terpenoids can improve memory and prevent symptoms related to the aging process.
- Bacopa monnieri is more popular in the southern regions of Asia. The herb, considered an ayurvedic one according to the Indian medicinal tradition, also grows in China or Nepal and even in Florina or Hawaii. It is rather resistant for a plant its size, thriving in humid environments or surviving in more unpleasant conditions. Indian medicine people in particular have put it to good use, aware of its properties. Bacopa monnieri can alleviate symptoms or even cure stomach ulcers, indigestion, liver disease and even prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Bacoside A, a compound of the class of Saponins is its most important constituent. Studies show that bacosides found in bacopa monnieri can help the neuron regeneration process, following damage produced by toxins and free radicals. Furthermore, the nervous system can create new cells faster and more efficiently if sustained with supplements enriched with bacopa monnieri. The fact that it increases the production of neurotransmitters makes it beneficial for numerous brain conditions including dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- John’s wort is a medicinal plant with a long history of usage in home-made remedies. Old medicine people more than contemporary physicians have used it in treating anything from depression to insomnia and even cancer. While it may not have as many health related benefits as bacopa monnieri or any other substance included in Synapsyl’s structure, it plays an active part in its way. St. John’s wort contains hypericin and hyperforin, two elements that interact with the neurotransmitters and improve mood. The herb can increase appetite, decrease anxiety and alleviate symptoms associated with depression. St. John’s wort has numerous drug interactions. It is best to address a doctor’ or talk with a pharmacist before using Synapsyl or any other supplement that contains St. John’s wort.
- Glutamine is the most common amino-acid found in the human body. Amino-acids are the protein’s building blocks. For this reason, Glutamine is included in the brain enhancing supplements and the body building ones as well. The substance is used in treatments for intestinal problems or mental disorders. Specialists state that glutamine is especially efficient in counterbalancing the side effects of chemotherapy. There is information according to which the substance may be beneficial in treating depression, moodiness or insomnia. In spite of this, there is no scientifically proven study on glutamine’s action on the nervous system. One may wonder why Synapsyl’s manufacturers have chosen to include it in Synapsyl’s structure since glutamine does not improve cognitive functions.
- Phosphatidylserine compound is found in the human body as part of a cell’s structure. It is extracted from soy and cabbage and can be very beneficial for the brain. In the past, the chemical was removed from cow brain as well. What forced the producers to turn to vegetable based sources was a concern in regards to possible health risks. Phosphatidylserine is used in medication for Alzheimer’s disease, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder or depression. It can improve mental function in elder people, thinking skills in young people and athletic performance.
There is no evidence that cow brain based phosphatidylserine has side effects. Some producers still use it. It is important for the company producing the supplement to mention its origin on the label or website. Some customers are vegetarians that refuse animal cruelty of any kind. Even so, Synapsyl can as well be disregarded by vegetarians and vegans. The supplement’s capsules are made from gelatin that is an animal based product.
- DMAE Bitartrate also known as Daemon is a substance that increases the acetylcholine levels in the brain. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that helps nerve cells exchange information. This neurotransmitter, as opposed to others of its kind, is responsible for supporting memory and learning. Daemon is used in treating various brain-related conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, autism or attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder. There is little evidence to support the substance’s effectiveness in spite of being included in many treatments. There is evidence on the other hand on DMAE Bitartrate positive impact on athletic performance.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine is yet another amino-acid found in Synapsyl’s chemical structure. The body naturally produces it to release energy. The substance is beneficial for all body processes but is most helpful for the brain and heart. Acetyl-L-Carnitine is included in treatments for Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss, Lyme disease symptoms or depression. It is also useful for Down syndrome patients or people suffering from diabetes or AIDS.
- Vinpocetine is the only artificial ingredient found in Synapsyl. It is a man-made chemical that resembles a natural compound of the plant Vinca minor. European specialists have conducted studies on its effectiveness but there is no clear evidence regarding vinpocetine’s safety status. People consider that it improves blood flow so they use it to treat symptoms of menopause or chronic fatigue. Also, vinpocetine is sold as a medication for patients suffering from dementia. This happens only outside the United States. In Germany for example, vinpocetine is sold only by medical prescription under the brand name Cavinton. The substance may appear as more reliable than Synapsyl’s other compounds due to its production inside a laboratory.
Experts have performed numerous tests on each of Synapsyl’s ingredients and they are all safe to be used. The compounds were tested separately and a set of properties and health benefits was established for every one of them. Evidence shows that there is a need for certain quantities for them to reach their full potential. It is unsafe to assume they can do so in Synapsyl.
The majority of ingredients in Synapsyl are natural and present little to no side effects. Many of them, bacopa monnieri and Ginkgo Biloba in particular, act like brain tonics. Research projects indicate that most if not all Synapsyl compounds increase the blood flow to the brain as well as the number of neurotransmitters. The nervous impulses are more quickly sent this way. Synpasyl is a nootropic supplement and helps the user enjoy various benefits such as better general mood, healthy brain activity or increased productivity.
Synapsyl has no scientifically proven side effect. Nonetheless, some of its constituents can raise questions in concern to possible health risks. People may present allergies to any of them. It is safe to read the supplement’s label before buying it to avoid potential complications. Bacopa monnieri can produce stomach cramps or nausea when used in high doses. Ginkgo biloba may lead to vomiting or dizziness. St. John’s wort increases photosensitivity so Synapsyl should be avoided by people who are regular users of tanning booths or stay in the sun for extended periods. Also, the herb interacts with anticoagulant medications. There is a high risk of increased bleeding if combined with such treatments. Synapsyl may affect fertility. There is no clear proof related to this fact but it is better to resume from taking the supplement when trying to conceive children. There are other supplements on the market that can be more safely used. It is important to consult with a specialist before starting any treatment, including one with nootropic supplements.
How can you buy Synapsyl?
Synapsyl is not an over-the-counter supplement and can be purchased through its official website only. A bottle containing sixty capsules costs $49.95. A package with three bottles costs $119.91 and one with five bottles is sold for $149.85. While the last two options may seem more profitable it is advisable to start with a single bottle. This way the customer can test the supplement and see if it is trustworthy. Anthea Limited, Synapsyl’s manufacturing company ships it both in the United States and worldwide.
The shipping fee is $9.95 which is relatively high for delivery on the United States territory. The same fee applies in the case of international shipping. Larger orders are available with free delivery as their price can compensate for the additional expense. The bottles are placed in packages and shipped within 24 hours since placing the order. Delivery usually takes less than seven business days. Synapsyl has a thirty-day money back guarantee. The period is the same for all orders, regardless of their size. Foreign clients are less likely to return the product if they are not satisfied with it. This happens because international delivery can take a few weeks so there is virtually no time to receive the package, test the supplement and, if not pleased, return it to the company.
Customers should pay close attention when placing orders. It is ideal to start with small orders both in the case of United States citizens and foreign clients.
In spite of what the manufacturing company states on the supplement’s incredible properties, Synapsyl is no different than most nootropic supplements on the market. Many of its compounds are active constituents in many other drugs as well. What distinguishes Synapsyl from the rest is its chemical composition. Synapsyl is made of no less than eight substances with proven action on the brain structure and nervous system functions. The product is well put together with its ingredients blending nicely without interfering with each other. Synapsyl is practical for people who want to improve memory, focus and enjoy higher energy levels.